Welcome to InKing Royalty’s March Blog Hop! Today’s hop is filled to the brim with projects that celebrate Spring and Summer. With inspiration from Katrina & the Waves’ song “Walking on Sunshine,” we’ve created projects that share the joy and excitement that accompany warmer weather. We are excited to share our projects with you. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Happy Spring everyone! I have to confess, I was originally a bit intimidated by the Waterfront
stamp set (item # 146386).
I tried to make a very complicated landscape at first, but I wasn’t happy with the outcome. I then decided to go back to a clean and simple card. Here’s what I created:
I am happy with the outcome. I went with bright, cheery colors in keeping with our springtime
theme. I used Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Island Indigo, Soft Suede, and Archival Black inks.
The art piece is done on watercolor paper, then layered on Pear Pizzazz cardstock. This was mounted on a Soft Suede card base.
I will be mailing this out to a friend who just got home from a long hospital stay. I hope it makes him feel better.
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com
- Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery